Sunday, June 28, 2009

My life...update!

Well, it's actually me writing this post - no jokes, no funny videos, no pictures either. Just me....are you sure you want to keep reading?

I got to quilt this weekend, for about six glorious hours. I finished a baby quilt top, a baby pillow, another tote bag for groovy grocery shopping, and 90% of MY quilt (remember? http://crasmith.blogspot.com/2009/03/if-you-know-me.html) I'm SO looking foward to getting a few quilting projects done so I can take them to the quilter to quilt so I can finish them off and begin using them. Yes, even though it's well on its way to being too hot to use a quilt, I have to at least break them in, right? Plus, our ward is having a visual arts exhibit in September. I've gotta have something to submit in the show!

So, no time for blogging. Sorry.

Also, I got a new calling issued to me from my husband yesterday. Funny story, he was sitting here at the computer, looking at his e-mail. I told him I was going out to clean out the car, and he turned to me and said he needed to "talk to me" for about 15 minutes, in that official voice of his. He turned to me, started talking, and then realized he had his button down shirt undone, and his tie off - so he proceeded to get dressed all the way before issuing me my new calling. I laughed with him, and we speculated probably not many other people have had calling issued to them while the bishopric member was 3/4 dressed!

So, what is it? What new adventure awaits me? I was called and set apart to be the Second counselor in the Primary. I look forward to working with all the wonderful ladies already in the Primary presidency. I'm sad that Rebecca Smith is moving, which necessitated this changeover. I'll have to find a new quilting buddy to hang out with. I'm sad to move out of my callings as RS chorister and Bear den leader - they both were great fun. But, I'm looking forward to this new challenge!

Alexia did wonderful in Nursery today. They didn't even have to come get me! I guess the Lord really does bless our families when we serve in calling in the church!

Guess that's about it. I'm off to upstairs to clean up the water mess. What water mess? Well, the one where I put a 7 lb bag of ice in Lexi's crib this morning before church, to grab her Sunday dress, and then forgot it there until after church. I didn't believe my son at first when he told me there was ice in Lexi's crib, then the brain fairy hit me between the eyes, and I remembered what I had done...now I'm off to get the beach towels!

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Congrats on your new calling!

Laura said...

We are going to miss you in RS every Sunday! Congratualtions on your calling. You will be GREAT in there!
AND, yay for getting time to work on your projects!!
AND, bummer for having to clean up a water mess.

musingwoman said...

Hello and thanks for linking to Three Words. I appreciate that. :)

Baller family said...

Yay, second counselor in the primary! That is a fun calling...it was for me. You are great with kids and I'm sure they will enjoy having you in there!

MRNMSA said...

We missed you in Relief Society today! I know you'll do great in Primary though! I'll have to go look at your quilt photos, if there on here.