"After a time, you may find that 'having' is not so pleasing a thing,
after all, as 'wanting'.
It is not logical, but it is often true."
- Mr. Spock, Star Trek
:-)
“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you.” -Colin Raye
3 comments:
That Mr. Spock is a wise man.
Having means nothing when it comes to things. I had a house. I had a bunch of "stuff". Having means everything when I look at my sweet eternal companion and the love we share. Having that is all that matters to me now. Wanting? Well, I still want. But truly nothing more than what I have.
Deep thoughts by the good old Mr. Spock. I'm going to have to keep that in mind the next time Mark brings up wanting a boat. Thanks! :)
Post a Comment