Friday, March 27, 2009

If you know me,

even a little bit, I bet you know I love to quilt!

I'm actually making a quilt that's all for ME, ME, ME!!!

That means, no children, no husband, no dog or cat better lay fingers (or paws) on MY quilt!

Yes, I paid for the material out of my allowance, yes, I'd paid for the backing and binding out of my allowance, yes, I paid for shipping out of my allowance, yes, I'll be using family money to get the quilting done, but it's MY quilt!

I fell in love with the pattern, the material, everything when I saw it in a sales catalog sent to my house. I resisted buying it for about four months, before I gave in and ordered it.

I will post pictures once it's all completed - as you can see, I'm still in the laying out phase (the fun part) trying to figure out what looks best where. I bet you can guess what I'll be doing this weekend --

Yes, that's right, I'll be sewing one of these for the wife of my husband's boss. It's her birthday Monday, and she's going to receive a reusable grocery tote at her party on Monday - shhh, don't tell! (Cute baby redhead not included)


Ah, poor quilt of MINE, you, like many of your humble unfinished brothers and sisters living in my sewing room, will have to wait until I have time to complete you.

So many projects, so little time...

5 comments:

Katie said...

I love the fabric for YOUR quilt! I can't wait to see it finished.

Nancy said...

I totally understand, I like making quilts and sewing too!!! I'd love to see it finished.....

Laura said...

That quilt is AWESOME!! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Running Brent said...

Aaawww, and you let me choose the color of one tiny square in that quilt!! I'm so overjoyed, it being your own personal quilt!!--ps, can't find any other pictures of me that work on Google!! Guess I'll have to use the muscle-man one.

Running Brent said...

huh.