Monday, December 29, 2008

How do they do it?

Professional photographers, that is!

How do they get the kid to stay still long enough to take a picture?

Oops! Major diaper showing off in this one...next...

This is a dress my grandma crocheted for my mother, and then got her baby picture taken in it. It's about the only baby picture we have of my mother. All I want is a cute picture of Alexia in the dress...is that too much to ask?

I know my lighting was all wrong, but I tried to work with what I had. I kinda like this one, even though she's not looking at the camera - I like the natural light on her.

Finally, success I think. At least one my mom will like.

And, finally, a cute "end" shot...

Look at those sweet baby rolls!!! This picture almost makes up for the major drama of stuffing Alexia into a dress that was a little too small....major drama getting her into the dress. Maybe that's a little bit of a reason why she didn't want to sit still for the pictures???!!! That, and she has a major fascination with the blinds on our window. She wanted to keep getting up to touch and play with them.

I think next time I'll wait until there's another adult here to help me....

2 comments:

Laura said...

She's so cute in that dress!

Katie said...

What a cute dress. How fun to get pictures of her in your mom's dress. I thought they turned out pretty cute!