Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A yummy job well done

Hey, there, Charlene, what are ya doin'?

Making applesauce.

Oh, really? Isn't that...(looking closer)...a... potato ricer?? (gasping in surprise)

Why, yes, it is. Good for you for knowing that's a potato ricer.

But, but, but...that's for potatoes!

Well, not at my house, especially when there's apples that need to be made into applesauce before they go bad. I use any tool that will get the job done! I mean, did you even notice the rice steamer in the background being used to steam the apples to ooey-gooey softness?



Oh. Um, no, I didn't. But, boy those apples smell, well...pretty good...?(begging face)


They say the proof is in the pudding...why don't you try some?

Oh, yum...(smacking)...chunky, yet, smooth, with a round, full apple taste. Pass the cinnamon, and a bigger spoon. Bring it on!

Glad you like it. Make sure to save some for the baby.

2 comments:

Baller family said...

MMMMMMMM......that does look yummy!

Katie said...

Yumm-O! I love me some applesauce. I love that you were using some very creative prep techniques there. Hope you got all good and stocked up!