In all my married life, I've only made 2 pies - pumpkin and chocolate cream.
I admit - I'm a loser in the pie category.
Brent and I sliced up seven pounds of apples, which was supposed to make seven quarts of pie filling. Wrong! It only yielded five. And took us both about 45 minutes to do together.
After we finished feeding the missionaries, I got busy making pie filling sauce, filling the jars with apples and sauce, then canning the little buggers.
As I've sat at the computer tonight, I've heard the sound every person who cans rejoices at hearing - the "pop" that says your jars are sealing. Yay!
On a side note, I got the water in the canner set up for boiling the jars while the missionaries were at our home, since it takes so long to get the water heated up. They were intrigued...I asked them if either one of them had ever helped their moms with canning. The answer was no - maybe that's why they were so curious at what I was doing?

3 comments:
That looks delicious! And I'm a pie loser as well. I think I've only made pumpkin. Pies sort of intimidate me. But I love baking everything else.
Go buy the Pillsbury pie crust in the refrigerator section by their cookies.....it tastes like homemade and you can't anymore no fail than that!! Your apples look so good!!
I buy the refrigerated pie crust too...it's delicious! And your apples look tasty!
Post a Comment