And, when you're invited to the wedding, ya gotta bring a gift, right? I decided I would make a quilt for the happy couple, and hope they like it.
Here's the beginning of piecing the middle of the quilt top. What wild colors! Fun to work with.
If you know the quilting me, you know I can't follow the rules all the time when quilting. I didn't follow the pattern as written, because I wanted a bigger quilt. So, this is a square, 72" quilt, plus or minus. I had to figure out my own borders, and setting of the blocks. I like challenging myself.
I decided I would try something new, so I mitered the corners. I like the way it looks and how it turned out! Upon getting the whole top done, I think it would have looked better with a wider border, both the black and the red, but it's going to stay the way it is. I'll keep that idea in mind for the next quilt I do...in about a year, probably!
Here's a corner I mitered, and my sticky note pinned to the first row, to keep me on track. Fun stuff!
I'll be taking this to the quilter in Woodburn that I just LOVE, hopefully this weekend. She's really quick, so I'm sure I'll get it back soon, so I can finish up the binding quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing it all completed!!! More pictures to follow.

1 comment:
That quilt is amazing!
Post a Comment