OK, blog friends, the Smith family has been way busy these last few days, and Mom hasn't had time to blog. Plus, we got the new camera about 3 weeks ago, and I still haven't put the software on the computer so I can't download pictures. Guess this will be a pictureless blog posting for today.
Saturday was a long and busy day!
Braden ran in the Jay Cee (Salem) relay race. So cute to see all those first graders running their hearts out on the track! Some of them were really fast, but the baton handoff needed a bit more work! In Braden's heat, their team came in third - yay for them!
I had a sewing class to get to after the relays, then I rushed home for Braden's buddy Anna's baptism. Then we went to a party afterwards at Anna's house. Then, out to dinner with Nana to celebrate Mother's Day. Then, home to crash!
Sunday, Mom's Day, I got breakfast in bed - nice!!! All my family came and ate in bed with me. Then, we got ready for church. At church, all the moms got chocolate - somebody must have read my mind! Daddy had already made dinner, and we enjoyed enchilada casserole as a family. We watched the last showing of the Amazing Race, then off to bed. For some strange reason, Daddy was really, really tired, but Mommy was energized, because all she did was lay around all day reading a book! A true day off!
Today, Monday, Braden's class had a fieldtrip, and I got to go and be a parent chaperone. Cute play! If you feed a Pig a Pancake, and six other children's books, set to a musical theme. Awesome!!! Braden's favorite was the Paperbag Princess, I think because of the dragon they did on stage. Kudos to this high-energy troupe!
Then, home to Nana and Alexia, who cried when I left (Alexia, that is - I don't think Nana did), but then got over that pretty quickly, because Nana was there with her.
I'm tired. What about a late Mother's Day nap now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Breakfast in bed is always nice!
You deserve breakfast in bed and more and You always say Brent is great and heres an example. I love reading your blog. cousin cookie
Sounds like a great Mother's Day weekend! Glad you got treated so well.
Happy Belated Mom's Day to you
too ~ Sister-Friend! And a nap...gosh, that sounds so nice. Hope you got one...or two :)
Sounds like a busy but fun weekend! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day! I'm guilty of watching the Amazing Race too. Can't wait for the next season.
Phew! You were SO busy!! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!
Post a Comment