One of the cool features of our new desk is a white/magnetic board above that little shelf there. I was able to put all my cutie pebble magnets I made a few months ago (thanks, Monica!) on it, and not worry my daughter would get ahold of them and rip the magnets off with her teeth. I speak truth here - she's got a mouth fetish. No lie, the other day, I found her with two body powder containers without the lids, because she had pried them off with her strong little teeth.But, I digress...
I came down a few mornings ago to find this written on the whiteboard:
It made me smile the whole day, and I'm still smiling today. I love finding little notes from my husband around the house, well, except for the one I found today telling me he needs G's washed and slacks ironed. Let me tell you, the love notes are much more fun to find, instead of the ones that make me feel guilty that I'm not the perfect housewife.
I mean, the perfect Molly Mormon probably washes her husband's laundry by hand, right after he takes it off, I'm sure. Then, spends all night pressing in the perfect crease into the slacks he so blithely slaps on the next morning.
I say, there's a good reason no-iron cotton material was invented - or better yet, didn't my husband learn how to iron on his mission? Shouldn't he be ironing his own clothes, so I have more time to quilt?
But, then, he brings me something like this home, and I feel all better, and maybe just a teensy bit more like lugging the ironing board out -
For me, flowers (and chocolate) are great motivators. It's nice to be loved...

4 comments:
Amen sister. It is nice to be loved. :-)
Beautiful flowers! As far as the ironing goes....I never do it...I've never really done it...so there's really no expectation for me to do it. It's great! I'm a firm believer in wrinkle release spray. It's the best invention. Ever.
OH, sometimes you make me cry, Sweetie. This website has been a great little tool to see into your mind and heart. Glad you loved the flowers, and the note on the White Board. We'll have to look into Diabetic Friendly Chocolate.
WOW! I get MENopause and you get flowers! It is wonderful to be loved...nice job, Brent!
Post a Comment