Oh dear...anyone have any hints how to get a, um, burned plastic smell out of my dishwasher?
Seems like we had a little accident last night during the drying cycle.
Now, each time I open the door of the dishwasher, this horrible smell wafts up to greet me.
Wouldn't be too bad, except the house already smelled of burned plastic from the same thing happening three days ago...

3 comments:
White vinegar might work. A lot of it, like 2-3 cups. I've been told Tang gets smells and stains out too, but I don't know how much to use. Good luck!! :-)
hand wash small lids.
walmart sells a product called lemi shine. it is excellent at cleaning the coil & killing smell. Im unsure how well it may work, but worth a try. a product called dishwasher magic may do the same thing.
I think a cycle with no dishes and a cup or two of vinegar may help.
Post a Comment