Monday, March 15, 2010

March = craftiness

So, how is everyone coming along on their craftiness? I actually found a bit of time this weekend to work on a few crafts that have been languishing on the craft table for ages!

First off, I found this cool download on Martha Stewart. I printed it out on cardstock, cut them out, laminated them, then put a self stick magnet on the back. Perfect! The kids won't be able to bend them, and hopefully they will be around on the fridge when I need them!

Sorry about the picture - bad lighting, worse photographer, point-n-shoot camera, what can I say?

But, my absolutely creative fun was this:

This started out life as a "what-was-she-thinking?" piece of material. My quilting friends and I helped to sort another friend's stash out, preparing it for a large garage sale. I took this (ugly) piece of material home, because I didn't think it would sell, and I thought it would be fun to play around with it.

Well, a few hours later, this is what I came up with:

(I just realized Alexia's fingerprints were all over the lens - had to take another picture!)

I even got to use the buttonhole foot for my machine for the first time - and my wicked looking button hole cutter!

It was a nice way to spend a Sunday evening!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Nice! I have no craftiness in me.

Katie said...

Cool bag. I've been busy sewing tablecloths for my sister's wedding reception. This week I'm really hoping to work on some scrapbooking!

Rebecca said...

I WANT ONE! Great bag Charlen....nice work Craft Queen :)