OK, I'm so tired of pulling up my blog and seeing my last post - time to blog a new one!
I'm loving all these crafty things on the blogs I follow. I'm getting inspired to craft through April - even though crafty March is almost over.
I've posted a few of the crafts I finished in March, but I'm too lazy to get up and get the camera to show you some of the others, so here's a verbal description:
Four of my 50cent bright blue Walmart reusable bags now have a beautiful fabric panel appliqued over the HUGE walmart logo. Therefore, I can use them in any store and not get snotty looks from the bag boys. Now if I could just remember to take them into the store with me....
I covered my mouse pad with fabric - now it's pretty and it's not disappearing off my desk any longer.
Lexi has a new hairclip holder. Love it! Paige and Lucy are going to receive one, too, so I'm not going to explain it here. Pictures of it after it's gifted.
Today I started a quilt block of the month quilt with my awesome friend, Rebecca. We're going to have so much fun sewing and quilting together - I demand it! :)
I made some cute take along gifts for my VT people. Shamrock shapes cut out of cardstock and page protectors, hole punched and threaded with ribbon along the outside, and stuffed with Andes mints. Yum! I heard at least one favorable comment back that her whole family enjoyed sharing that with her. :) At least she got three while everyone else got one! Good for you, M!
And, finally, I have my new temple bag 90% completed. That's a good thing, because we have a sealing assignment mid April. Now I have a deadline! Those handles better be done by this weekend!
I also tried some crafts this month that didn't turn out - spray painting frames being one of them. I've seen some way cute posts where people have taken some nasty ugly frames, spray painted them a different color, mounted fabric or scrapbook paper in them - so pretty! It so didn't work for me.... oh well. At least I tried, and it was only a $1 frame. I'll have to try again, maybe with primer first?
So, did anyone else take advantage of craft month? I'd love to see what you made!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wowzers you've been busy! I did a bunch of sewing for my sister's wedding reception and I'm working on a scrapbook for my other sister.
I love the hair-clip holder, it's great, and valuable to be able to pick a clip without dumping out the lot.
I like the Shamrock candy stacks too, Pretty and no, I did not snatch a taste!
For craft month, I spent 6$ on primer and paint and repainted some plastic dipped shelves to use them a while longer at the clinic. I put a shelf liner on the top shelf to protect the paint from constant bashing from my Percussor.
Post a Comment