Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bragging!

Yes, that's right, it's time to show off another Dharma Trading entry dress. This one is from the pattern called "The Paper Doll Dress" by lil blue boo.


It's amazing what a 1/2 yard of material and a charm pack will make (I even had some charm squares left over!) The material is called Spring Fever by Me and My Sister Designs for Moda (look here for details). I'm not usually a quilter who cares about designers or certain lines, but I LOVED this line when I saw it - had to have it.

Here's my "embellishment" as per the rules of the contest - cute, large flower buttons.

And, a ruffle - the pattern didn't call for one, but I had enough material, so why not?

I love it! It looks so spring-like and colorful.

When Lexi got up from her nap, she kept pointing at the curtain and saying something - I finally realized she was saying "dress" (the dress was hanging on the curtain). We put it on her, and she was happy.



Now I've really got to dedicate myself to cleaning my house, instead of sewing - boo-hoo. Do you think Brent would notice if I hired a maid? :)

.

3 comments:

Laura said...

That dress is ADORABLE on Lexi!!! You did a great job!

cookiecrumbs said...

this dress could have been designed for Lexi. It suits her so well. she is so lucky to have a crafty mom.

Katie said...

Such a cute dress...it looks fabulous on Lexi!