Friday, January 15, 2010

Your opinion needed!

This cartoon made me laugh out loud! Loud enough so that my son asked what I was laughing at.

I CANNOT stand Miracle Whip AT ALL. And, it's my Grandma's fault.

You see, Grandma was raised in the "waste not, want not" era. She didn't like to waste anything. One summer we were visiting Grandma and Grandpa in Arizona. She asked if I'd like a bologna sandwich (that was when I didn't know what bologna had in it; still liked to eat it!)

Sure - I was hungry, a sandwich sounded good. Grandma asked if I like mayonnaise on my sandwich. Sure! Except it wasn't mayo, it was Miracle Whip. And she made me eat every bite of that icky-nasty-Miracle Whip-on-both-sides-of-the-bread sandwich.

Actually, now that I'm an adult, I don't especially like Mayo any longer, either. Only on my leftover turkey sandwiches. I'd rather have mustard, or just plain bread. :)

So, how about you? Are you a real mayonnaise or a Miracle Whip person?

.

5 comments:

Wendy Mayo said...

Obviously, I like mayo. Can't stand that nasty miracle stuff!

Kristina P. said...

Mayo, mayo, mayo. It's a big debate in our house. Adam likes the Miracle Whip. Blech!!

Laura said...

I like Miracle Whip! :-)

Rebecca said...

Best Foods all the way!!!

Katie said...

Mayo....Miracle Whip....I'll eat any of it. Mark, on the other hand, won't touch any of it with a 10 foot pole. He swears it's all made from rotton eggs. Whatever.