Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thinking outside the box

Tonight is Braden's first Pinewood Derby race. We've been busy cutting, sanding, more sanding, and even more sanding, painting and decorating his first car.

Decorating! Braden wanted flames on his car.



I can't paint flames!

Mod-Podge to the rescue!!!

A little searching on the web for flame images, cut, paste, print and have Braden color them, then Mod-Podge them to the car - voila!


Ah, Mod-Podge, I love you! (except for your stinky smell)



Next time, I'll try to talk Braden into painting his car a lighter color, so the tips of the flames actually show up - because that's the cool part! They don't show up on his black car. But, he's happy with it, so I guess that's what's important! :)

.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think it looks cool!

Laura said...

Looks great! I hope he wins!

Katie said...

I love his pinewood derby car...it's so cool! Hope he had fun!