Stop in the name of Love!!!
It's 4 pm, and I'm getting a chance to blog a bit about our Valentine's Day so far. I went to bed WAAAAYYYYY too late last night, and thought I'd be able to sleep in today. Wrong, wrong, wrong. At 7:30 am, my eyes popped open, as I rememberd we had a dress rehersal for a musical number at the church at 9:30 am. Well, I thought I'd better get up and get some breakfast going.
Just to be silly, I decided to make pancakes today, and I tried to make heart shapes. The best ones went to Brent, the seconds to Braden, and the totally messed up ones onto my plate! I wanted to put the apples in a heart shape, but everytime I moved the plate, they shifted. A few snips with the kitchen shears gave me heart shaped sausage, and some tasty tidbits for Lexi's breakfast!
Brent got the special "red plate" today, because he's my special valentine, but to tell you the truth, I don't think he was awake enough to appreciate it! At least he enjoyed the breakfast in bed.
Yes, we made our song practice on time today, and I also made it to a quilt class in the early afternoon. Not sure where the rest of my family is, I returned to a quiet, empty home. I think I'll go take a nap!
Oh, by the way, the title (Happy V-D) is a throwback to my days at Ricks College. I had some funny roomies, nobody was dating anyone around Valentine's Day, so we nicknamed it V-D day - what silly girls we were! I won't tell you what they called the Easter bunny "visit" I found on my pillow....

3 comments:
Cute Valentine's Day breakfast! Have a great week! Take care.
Looks like a great Valentines Day!!
Yum, the Pankakes was goood111 (Shift key on the right doesn't work sometimes)
Post a Comment