Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Recent sewing...

Well, here they are. My first four free motion quilting blocks. Boy, I feel like I really, really need to practice more!! :-)
This is a four petaled flower. Can you tell??












The dreaded spirals. Yup, more practice definitely needed.















This is one I actually like!














Loop and loop again. Consistent size would have made this look better.








So, since I felt so badly that my FMQ is less than perfect, I made myself a new Spring purse.

Here's my little helper holding it for me.

I'm very, very happy with how the purse turned out. The pattern came from the book I won a few weeks ago - Fabric by Fabric One-Yard Wonders. I love the cute pocket in front. I can totally envision a water bottle riding around joyfully in it's own special pocket!




5 comments:

Running Brent said...

How Beautiful!! You're so creative! Nice Bag.

Judee said...

Your blocks look good! I love the purse idea. Did you quilt it?:) I may follow your example.

Kate @KwiltsbyKate said...

I love the colours you have chosen for your blocks! And the bag looks awesome!

Laura said...

They are great! The blue one is my favorite. And your bag, so cute!! Great job Charlene!!

Laura said...

They are lovely! I quite like those spirals in different sizes! A very different look but it works!