Am I crazy? Maybe I am. But I haven't been feeling like I've had much of a chance to express the creative side of me for about six months. I think it's time to begin again.
I was lurking around on people's blogs today, and came across a quilt-along, a free motion quilt-along at that. I debated with myself for about 1/2 an hour -
"Do I really need ANOTHER project to be working on?"
"Don't I have enough already in my life with an almost 4 year old redhead, a 10 year old daredevil, a full time job, a busy church commitment, and a house to (try) and keep clean?"
"My free motion quilting sucks - do I really want to put it out there for people to snicker at? And on solid fabric too??"
"Do I really want to spend my hard-earned allowance money on more fabric?"
But, as I looked more and more at the requirements page, I decided I just need to do it. And, I have to say, the 15% off from Pink Castle Fabric was a nice incentive, too!
So I've got fabric coming in the mail, I need to peruse my stash for backing material, and start putting my scraps of batting together to use up all those small scraps I've got! And, hopefully sometime in 2012, the Smith family will have a new quilt to love and snuggle with.
I like the process pledge on the bottom of the Quokka Quilts website. Basically it says that instead of just showing the finished project, us quilt artists need to show the process, good or bad, in getting to the finished quilt. So, you can look forward to posts here on the ol' blog showing the progress made on this quilt...and get a chance to do a little laughing in front of your monitor at my attempts at free motion quilting. At least I won't be able to hear you, thank goodness! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't wait to see your quilting progress! No doubt, it will be fantastic!
I've joined up for the same ones as you, so we're in the same boat lol...good luck.
Post a Comment