Wednesday, June 15, 2011

:(

Well, here we are. The calendar says it's June 15th. The quilt for my naked bed was supposed to be finished by June 5th. A lofty goal, since I only had 1 month to make it happen.

I didn't make it.

I did, however, buy all the fabric (hand dyed-pretty!), set the color with color fixative, washed it, ironed it, cut it into squares, paired them up and sewed them to make 1/2 square triangle blocks, cut them apart, and actually did finished three whole blocks.

And now, all I have to do is finish up the rest of the blocks - square them up, which means cutting off teeny tiny slivers of material to make the square square, then sewing 16 of them together to make a block. And repeating 53 times.

So, no, I didn't get my quilt done by the time the contest ended, but I am well on the way. And, with any luck and some free weekends ahead of me, I will have a new quilt for my naked bed before the rainy fall weather arrives. That is, if summer ever decides to arrive! But that's another story...

1 comment:

MRNMSA said...

Ok, maybe a silly question...but color fixiative-the name says it all, but where do you get it? I've never heard of it!? What a great idea. Sounds like you are making progress, so that is great!