Thursday, April 22, 2010

seeking perfection...

A few weeks ago, I got a new camera - now I've got to learn how to best use it, but that's another story...

I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and make myself a pretty camera strap:


But, upon closer inspection, I found a problem...

(The green piece was put on backwards!)



Really, I'm a better quilter than this!



I did find out I had made a mistake when I turned the strap, but I went ahead and finished it to see if there were any other design flaws I needed to correct for the next cover I craft.

Just a few - the lens cap pocket is way too deep for my liking. And, I need to use my walking foot on the final sewing around the strap, so it will lay flat. Also, I'm thinking of enclosing the batting with a layer of material inside the cover, so the strap will slip into the cover better...

So, version 2.0 will be worked on today after work...and will hopefully not have the bugs that version 1.0 has! :)

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It looks much cuter. :)

Charlene said...

Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire, Kristina! :)

Unique, maybe, but not cuter, believe me.

Wendy Mayo said...

I want one! Hey, you just confirmed my idea to do a photography class in Portland when I am up there in June. Now to find a place to hold it... Library?

Heather said...

Such a cute (and practical!) idea. I love the fabrics you chose. Good luck with 2.0. :)

Katie said...

No...I think Kristina is right....even backwards fabric is better than the black straps. I can't wait to see version 2.0! Maybe one of these days I'll be motivated and do something fancy like that to my camera strap.

Running Brent said...

I love the strap, maybe you could sew in a GPS strip so you can locate the camera if it's lost, and a $20.00 emergency bill, and a mace pocket for those evenings you might be out shooting the sunset with New York in the background.