First off, I didn't realize really how much I would miss the computer until it was gone for 14 days. I'm happy it's back from it's time away at the shop, and that it's been de-infected, upgraded with more RAM, and is working faster than ever. Now all I've got to do is break Braden from playing those flash games that probably infected our computer to begin with!
We went to the Oregon State Fair, and had a great time looking at all the animals, and the free Shows. We saw the trained seal show, a magician's show, and the hypnotist show. That was particularly funny. I truly enjoyed the hypnotist having the males come to the front of the stage, and pretend they were 9 months pregnant, and labor was starting. So funny!
And speaking of school, can I tell you how excited I was for it to begin again? When Braden went to Kindergarten and 1st Grade, I was a little teary - after all, my baby was going to school! Guess what? 2nd grade - no problem. I felt like that lady on the commercial that's doing the happy dance because her kids are going away to school. I even let him walk there with his friends instead of me walking with him or driving him. Yippee! Truly, I'm a little sad to see him go back to school, but really, it's given me a chance to have a lot of quality time with Alexia, and that's a good thing, too!
Our garden, well I really should say Brent's garden, has done great this year! I'll eat the produce, but I'm not so good at weeding, or harvesting. That's why I consider it to be Brent's garden!
One of Alexia's favorite things is to go pick a cherry tomato from the garden, and play with it - she'll carry it around in her mouth for awhile, then take it out and roll it around, put it back in her mouth, give the wet, slimy thing to one of us or leave it in a puddle on the table - basically, anything except eat it. She will eat tomatoes if they are cut up, but not whole. Silly girl!
Well, the only other thing that comes to mind is our trip to Utah we're taking in October. We're going for an extended weekend, to visit family and friends. It's probably the last time we'll be able to fly with a lap child - can't believe Alexia will be two in 3 1/2 months. It's amazing to me that she's already 20 months old.
I'd better get off and get to work. I have a darling friend and her husband coming to this area this weekend, and I'm fairly certain I don't want her to see my house in the condition it is at this very moment! I'm in a throwing away mood - all the better for Braden to be at school, Brent to be at work, and Lexi to be not old enough to grasp the concept of "if it goes in this trash bag, I'll never see it again."
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:
I love Alexia's hair!
Wow...2nd Grade and 20 months old! Time flies! Alexia does have beautiful hair..love her many curls! Glad all is well with you and the family! Say hello.
The fair was awesome...I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I love Braden's shirt...it's so cool. And I have to agree with everyone...Alexia's hair is just awesome.
What did you trash??
last scentence.
Post a Comment